It is the philosophy of the Athletics & Recreation Department to encourage our student-athletes to succeed academically as well as athletically. In order to support this philosophy, the Athletics & Recreation Department offers Athletic Bursaries.
Athletic Bursaries are intended to recognize and encourage the athletic and academic achievement of student-athletes who have been accepted by Lambton College as full-time students. The bursary is renewable on a term basis and may be extended for the full length of the student’s program contingent on the maintenance of a satisfactory athletic and scholastic record.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Maintain a 2.3 GPA or higher in the academic-term(s) in which you play
- Be registered as a full-time studnet
- Pass all courses
- Have a status of "Good Standing" with Lambton College and the Athletics & Recreation Department
- Meet Canadian and Ontario residency requirements
- Return the team uniform before the bursary is granted
Please note: in the case where the number of student-athletes on a given team qualify for an Athletic Bursary and exceeds the number of bursaries allotted for that given team, preference will be given to those student-athletes with the best GPA.
- Two-Semester Sport (Basketball)
Full - $1,600
- One-Semester Sport (Soccer & Baseball)
Half - $800
- Fall Semester: Friday November 8, 2019 (no exceptions)
- Winter Semester: Friday, January 21, 2020 (no exceptions)
Athletic Bursary Payment
Athletic Bursary recipients will be paid 50% of their award in late January (100% for One Semester Sports) and 50% in late May, contingent on maintaining the above criteria.
- Complete the Athletic Bursary Application (PDF) by the respective deadline (submit to: email@example.com).
- Provide an unofficial transcript of your secondary school or college grades with your application (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org). If the current academic year has not been completed prior to the application deadline, mid-term grades must be submitted.
- Applicants will be notified, by email, of their Athletic Bursary status