- The Athletics & Fitness Complex is a purpose built complex to accommodate the recreation and fitness needs of students, staff, faculty and selected community members. Collectively, we agree to abide by the stated rules, policies and etiquette to ensure all users enjoy the quality and opportunity this facility provides.
- Use of the Athletics & Fitness Complex is a privilege. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with and abide by the rules and policies of the facility.
- Management reserves the right to amend all rules, policies and schedules without notice. Misuse of this membership privilege or any of its facilities and equipment may result in the membership being revoked.
- All persons using the Athletics & Fitness Complex must sign-in at the Lions Desk with a valid Lambton College issued identification card (membership or student card).
- Student cards are validated by the Office of the Registrar directly.
- Membership cards are issued by Lions Desk staff at the time of enrollment and payment.
- All students and active members are to carry with them a valid access card.
- Your card will allow access to the Athletics & Fitness Complex during Hours of Operation.
- In the event a card is not present, a Lions Desk staff will be pleased to assist on a one-time basis.
- All lost or damaged cards must be reported to the Lions Desk upon discovery. Subject to a fee, a replacement card will be provided.
- Use of the Athletics & Fitness Complex is only permitted during Hours of Operaton.
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted in the Fitness Centre unless access has been approved by Lions Desk staff. Those over the age of 16, but not a Lambton College student, must be accompanied by a current Lambton College student or active member and must pay the applicable guest fee.
- Members must register their guests at the Lions Desk. Guests using the Fitness Centre are subject to a guest fee of $5/day + HST. Members must accompany their guests at all times and the guest pass is valid for a 24-hour period of time.
- All users are encouraged to seek an Athletics & Fitness Complex Orientation prior to using the facility. Fitness assessment and personal training packages are also available at an additional charge.
- Instruction/training within the Athletics & Fitness Complex will only be permitted by Lions Desk staff. Conducting personal business (i.e. personal training) in the Athletics & Fitness Complex is strictly prohibited unless prior approval has been granted (i.e. coach/player development).
- Only suitable and permissible attire may be worn inside the Athletics & Fitness Complex. Slip-on shoes, flip-flops, dirty or black marking soles, jeans, shirts/shorts with un-hemmed edges, and loose jewellery may cause a safety and/or hygiene risk and are not permitted. Please refer to the Dress Code for full details.
- No personal bags, purses or jackets are permitted in the Fitness Centre or Gymnasium. Designated lockers are available on a first come basis. Lockers are day use only and security locks are highly encouraged.
- Items left behind at the Athletic & Fitness Complex will be kept in the lost and found for one week, after which time items will be donated to charity.
- In the event of an emergency, contact the Lions Desk immediately at 519-542-7751 x3628.
- No food, mixing of powdered drinks or glass bottles are permitted in the Fitness Centre.
- Re-rack your weights and return all fitness equipment to the designated storage areas after your work out is complete.
- Wipe down used equipment with provided sanitary supplies after each use.
- Be sensitive to others, practice good hygiene and minimize the use of strong scents.
- Do not throw or drop weights, relocate weight benches or move larger pieces of equipment throughout the facility.
- Remove Olympic weight plates from machines after each use.
- During peak times, be cognizant of other students/members and share equipment as appropriate, especially when using cardio equipment.
- Horseplay, profanity (including choice of music), disruptive conduct, cell phone use for the purpose of video creation, smoking and eating in the Athletics & Fitness Complex is strictly prohibited.
- Be cognizant of others and listen to personal music on your personal devise while using earphones. Do not broadcast personal music on publicly played speakers. If personal music is required in a closed studio space, permission must be granted from a Lions Desk staff member.
- Photography and video is strictly prohibited unless prior approval has been granted by Lions Desk staff.
- All questions pertaining to weight training and cardio equipment should be directed to the Lions Desk staff.
- For safety, hygiene and/or facility maintenance reasons, appropriate sport or exercise clothing and footwear is required for all participants.
- Jeans, zippers, belts, snaps, metal studs and other material(s) on clothing that may damage equipment, upholstery or flooring are not permitted.
- Clothing with profane language, inappropriate subjects, etc. are not to be worn in the facility.
- Indoor clean athletic footwear is required at all times and within all locations while using the Athletics & Fitness Complex. Footwear that is dirty or leaves marks on gymnasium flooring or equipment is strictly prohibited.
- Open toed shoes, outdoor footwear, bare feet, sandals, work boots or dress shoes are not acceptable.
- Shirts must, at all times, completely cover the gluteus maximus, abdominal (midriff) and nipple regions of the body. Failure to provide this coverage will be deemed inappropriate and a change of clothing will be requested.
- Lions Desk staff reserve the right to enforce the dress code when determining appropriate clothing.
Special Occasions & Facility Closures
- All members understand that either or both the Fitness Centre and Gymnasiums may close without notice due to a scheduled activity or under other circumstances (i.e. inclement weather).
- Management reserves the right to adjust the schedule accordingly and will post to all social media platforms full details about the closure and reopening timelines and procedures.
- The Athletics & Fitness Complex follows the institutional calendar, resulting in a mirroring of operational hours during holidays. Please refer to the Hours of Operation for an up-to-date schedule.
- In the event a program, event or activity must be cancelled, Lions Desk staff will provide all participants as much notice as possible via email, phone or through social media.
- Management reserves the right to adjust the schedule accordingly without notice.
Student Access Privileges
- All full-time students are provided complete access to the Athletics & Fitness Complex during their course of study if full tuition and ancillary fees are paid.
- All other-than-full-time students are subject to a monthly membership fee. This fee can be processed directly at the Lions Desk.
- Membership cancellation requires a 30-day notice prior to the date of cancellation.
- A cancellation form must be completed at the Lions Desk.
- Memberships can be placed on hold during the summer break. Both Human Resources and Lions Desk staff must be made aware.